8.12.2008

Our Relaxing, But Buggy Evening

Shaney and I got home yesterday after work and were so excited to see each other! We exchanged cards right away! Shane always feels bad because I write so much, and he is a man of few words, so he tried to write as much as he could, and it was so great! He made me cry.

We then opened all the wonderful cards and the package from my mommy and daddy! Thank you to everyone! It was so nice!

These (above) are the cuppies I made for us. They are peanut butter cup brownie cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting! Yumm! I made Shane stay in the computer room (such a hard feat, I know. . .) while I got everything together for our romantic dinner. Everything went awesome except that I kinda burnt the main thing of our meal (our steaks) . . . ugh . . . that's what happens when you try to do a million things at once! It still tasted good, just a little "crispy"! I also made cheesy potato casserole. Some orange cream soda for our drinkies and our cake from our wedding (thanks to my mommy and daddy for shipping it to us so we could enjoy it on our first anniversary). So I lit lots of candles all around the deck, brought out our "lighted tree", and played a mix of love songs. Unfortunately. . . it didn't last too long, because the mosquitos were TERRIBLE!!! And I already have about 20 bites from doing yard work on Sunday, so we decided to take the party into the house and watch some Olympics while we ate.

And . . . . this is what Shaney got me for our first anniversary . . . . .

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuusssst kidding! This is my uncle's car that he let me ride in last time we were home in Erie. My grandma sent this picture to me, and so I took a pic of the pic!

Overall it was a wonderful anniversary! We had so many great times our first year and are looking forward to many more!

1 comment:

*kc said...

The food looks yummy!

The car would be a great gift! (How is the Highlander treating you? because I am thinking about getting a Toyota Rav4)

I see our card got there on time! Yay! (We were late to Kickboxing because we had to drive to the Post Office.. I am glad it was worth it.)

I love that you guys ate some wedding cake! How sweet (literally)!