8.04.2008

God Does Amazing Things . . .


Ok so I usually do not like talking about this subject with other people, because I do not believe in forcing a religion on someone . . . and it is just always a touchy subject, but I just have to tell you what happened this weekend.

After my contact sports post, some amazing things happened. Shane and I went to church on Saturday night at SFCC. A wonderful church community that we can proudly say we are a part of. The message was about the story of Jonah. I won't get into that, but basically what I got out of it . . . God continues to test your character in order to make you a better person and a person that He wants and knows you can be. You cannot avoid this, but you must face these "tests", especially if you DO want to become a better person. I of course, applied this to my contact sports situation. It was the most recent issue that truly tested my character. And at first I wanted to avoid the confrontation, and quit. I did not want to be a part of that because of how it made me feel and how it made me act. But now, through this message, I know that I do need to face this so that I can work on my character and learn to control my competitiveness and aggressiveness. I am excited to take on this test of character.

Also, I mentioned that I wanted to play volleyball as it has been way too long since I have last played! And wouldn't you know it?! . . . I got asked to be a sub this weekend! I got to play over three hours of competitive volleyball, and it was such a blast! I met a bunch of new, awesome people, and had so much fun!

Another thing that God amazes me with is my wonderful husband (one week until our 1 year anniversary!!)! He is always there for me every step of the way, and for a guy that never talks that much . . . when I need him to give me some advice, he seems to be able to know exactly what to say. I keep growing closer and closer to him, and every day I grow more in love with him (I'm sorry . . I know this is too mushy for you).

God does some amazing things though, and I am so thankful for everything He has ever given me or taught me.



And another thing . . . . one of my best friends, KT, celebrated her 24th birthday yesterday!! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY KT!! Unfortunately I was over 400 miles away from her, but we will all celebrate in four months on our BFF cruise!!!

Kt is also getting married next year and I am lucky enough to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! Soooooooooooooooooo excited!

Yay! :-)

1 comment:

Kate said...

a little mushy...hee hee...but i know the feeling...

thanks for the b-day shout outtt!!! yayyy cruise!!!