10.18.2008

Last Day . . .

Well, Friday was my last day at the Miller Foley Group. It was really sad to be leaving all of the wonderful people I worked with, and all of my awesome clients, and my very own office room . . . but it was also exciting, because I knew this was one step closer to coming home . . . to where we belong. And I won't lie . . . we had some craaaaazy drama at work . . I mean what business doesn't?! I don't think it helped that for a while it was just an emotional group of women . . . then we hired a guy, and he has brought us all down-to-earth a little more. Miller Foley Group . . aka . MFG. . is a public accounting firm. They do mostly governmental and non-profit audits, but also do taxes and consulting and such things. I have learned A LOT! Not just about accounting, but about the business world, about people, and about God. . . I know . . how did I learn about Him at work? I just realized that no matter what you do, no matter how stresed or frustrated you get, you have to work for Him . . . and once I started doing that, work became more enjoyable and more positive. Some day I will have to tell you about "my story" with God, but that will be later.


So anyways. . . on my last day, I cleaned up my office and took everything down. This was my office afterwards. . . sniff sniff . . . I helped out our admin lady all day with resume stuff and then everyone took me to the Olive Garden for lunch. . . yummy!! We all got the soup, salad, & breadsticks and then I got some white chocolate raspberry cheesecake! I gave them all my cards that I wrote, and they gave me some cards that were soooo sweet! They walked me out and gave me great big hugs, and that was it. I still don't think it has hit me. Maybe because I know I will keep in touch, or maybe because my head is freaking out with all of this house crap, but regardless, I hope they all know that they mean so much to me, and have made my life greater in many ways. I am blessed for the opportunity I got, and cannot thank God enough for putting such wonderful people in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about losing all of that money on your house? OMG super YaY! Good luck.

Kt said...

weird...

awww last day saddness....mmm olive garden good choice! and dessert too!! lucky.