10.13.2008

I'm going to puke . . .

This isn't going to be a fun post. Sorry. I usually try to keep these things exciting and fun and happy, but right now it is really hard . . . .

We just had a realtor come to talk to us about our house. $40 freaking thousand dollars. That is how much we would owe after we paid off our mortgage and paid all the fees and such based on what we could sell our house for. Ugh! Seriously. It makes me so sick. I don't know what got this economy the way it is, but I am not very happy about it. . . at all. That doesn't even include the $30K we put down for a down payment . . so I guess in essence we would be losing $70K . . oh wait . . that doesn't include the new roof we put on, the new deck we put on, the new closet we added, the landscaping we did, the painting of the entire outside of the house, the painting of pretty much the entire inside of the house, the epoxy paint we put on the garage floor, the new mailbox, the updated tile in the bathroom, the new kitchen light fixtures and hardware . . I feel like I am missing some things, but omg . . . it makes me want to puke and cry and just run away . . and I hate to say it, but it makes me not want to go back to Erie. :-( We just can't afford it.

I don't know what is going to happen . . . I just know that right now I hate houses, I hate that all the work we have put into our house in the past year, all the money that we have saved, all of the hours we slaved making this house the best it could be, it is all worth nothing . . it is all taken away. . .

Just like my last post, the only thing I can do is look to God, and trust that He will provide for us in these hard times. But. . . ugh . . even that is so hard right now. :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are teh reasons we are still in our little dinky $72,000 home (Probably worth more like $50,000) now in this economic climate. It's NUTS how it all works and how we end up potentially losing on something that was supposed to be an investiment.

Stories like yours make me regret big time that we didn't rent for longer. Is it possible to stick it out for another year where you are, hopefully the real estate climate and economy will get back on strack? or is it too late?

amy grace said...

rachel! do NOT suggest to staci to stay there! we want her back here! ;)

i know this is hard stace...maybe you should try renting or getting a smaller place when you come back to erie, to save up for getting something bigger. i guess i really can't understand the feeling as...um, i really can't relate at all :(

it's going to be ok! love you!