6.29.2010

Germany : Day 7 : Rhine River Cruise

Thursday, Day 7 of our trip, we decided to go on the Rhine River Cruise.

Since Dan & Marissa both needed their cars to go to work, we all rode the bus down to the train station.

We JUST missed the train we needed (because of rush hour traffic on the way to the train station), so we had a while to sit and hang out at the train station until the next train left.

This reminded me of Platform 9 3/4 from Harry Potter. So then I was looking up stuff on Platform 9 3/4, and they actually put a pretend "Platform 9 3/4" at King's Cross Station in London with a luggage trolley cart sticking halfway in the wall. Hmm . . . that might have to be my next vacation destination. . . .or the actual Harry Potter World! I think I need more vacation time.

Tasted that "vodka" . . . . wouldn't you know they were lying!?! It was really water!!

The Rhine River Cruise was soooooooooooooooooo relaxing, and so beautiful, and I highly recommend it! I never saw so many castles in my life!

On the boat, they had a playground for the kiddos, a full menu, and even ice cream!!!

We thought this landscaping was pretty interesting.

So we came back from playing with Bryce and saw Don like this. . . completely oblivious to what he looked like. We all started cracking up, while he quickly tried to rub the sunscreen in better!

You could continue on the cruise, but we made our final stop at St. Goar.

The Burg Rheinfels (behind us) is the largest castle overlooking the Rhine.

Here is the view from the top! Don, Shane, and I walked up and had a drink while we looked at this beautiful view (and had a guy that knew 10 different languages give us his whole life story).

We walked around town a little more. Bryce was scared to go up to this bear at first, but after she saw a bunch of little kids go up and stick their fingers up its nose, she was ok with it.


















Bryce being very European (and looking very grown up) in her new scarf!


If Bryce wouldn't smile for us, we would say "show us your teeth". Worked every time, but just not the natural smile we were going for.

So we took the train back to Wiesbaden from St. Goar and found these cute little things in the water by the train station! I mean seriously. I screamed when I saw them and ran over with my camera.

Probably some of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life.

We had a great relaxing day on the river, and were headed to Heidelberg the next day!

No comments: