2.01.2009

The Big Day!

It is the big day!! No, I'm not talking about the superbowl (although, I am very excited about that too), I am talking about the birthday of the woman who loves me the most, who cares for me more than anyone, and who has helped make me who I am today. It is the birthday of my lovely mother!
We celebrated her birthday on Saturday. My parents and Behren came over for breakfast (Jack Frost doughnuts that they brought from Erie . . yum! Seriously. Best. Doughnuts. Ever.), then my mom and I headed off to Empyrean day spa in Edinboro. She got a 30 min massage and a manicure and I got a pedicure and manicure. It was very fun and relaxing. After that, we went to Walmart to pick up the cake and got some John's Wildwood Pizza.
Here is her cake! It was very cute and very yummy!

I felt bad because we did not have any candles and I totally forgot to get some at Walmart (everything we own is pretty much in Virginia, so I think I have stuff, and I do . . . but it is all in Virginia). So we had to use a regular candle. And Behren and his happy tongue almost got the first taste!
We all napped for a bit, took the pups for a walk, then headed off to dinner. It was definitely an interesting evening, and the place we ended up was not that good and took forever and they waaaaay undercooked our "well-done" steaks, but we made the best of it and still enjoyed the time we got to spend with each other. Good thing I was still stuffed from the pizza and cake earlier.
It was so nice to spend an entire day with my parents and Behren.

Today is my mom's real birthday though, and I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To the most caring, most genuine, most optimistic, cutest story-teller there is. Who always makes sure I am watering my plants enough, taking care of myself and Shane, and some how can still get a laugh out of falling and hurting yourself. Every day I hope I can become more and more like you. I love you mommy!

No comments: