4.01.2010

Mommy and Me Quad!

I really wanted to do the QUAD this year, and asked my mom if she wanted to do it with me. I thought it would be something fun, something challenging, something called exercise, something to bring our bond even closer than it already is.

FACTS:
  • First QUAD ever that we will be doing . . . . EVER
  • You can do the "Competitive" or "Fitness" category. We chose fitness so we don't have to fall down doing cross country skiing. The only other difference is that they post your times alphabetically for fitness and by fastest time for competitive.
  • SWIM = 100 yards April 11, 2010
  • BIKE = 12 Miles July 10, 2010
  • RUN = 5 Miles Sept 11, 2010
  • SNOWSHOE = 2.5 Miles Jan 9, 2011
Obviously, these aren't all done at the same time (THANK GOODNESS!!), but it will help keep us active throughout the ENTIRE year (hopefully). . which will be good!

We actually went to the YMCA last night to see if we could even complete 100 yards swimming. . . . success! We actually swam 250 yards (not without taking a little breather in between, but still . . . we know we can do it! . . as long as we are allowed to do that there!)!

Next weekend marks our first event! Hopefully I can bring Shaney and/or my dad along to take some pics of us!

Mommy and Me QUAD . . here we come!

p.s. - This isn't an April Fool's joke.

3 comments:

Kt said...

Aweee how fun! And dannng your mum is in good shape! I don't know if I could do that hahah

amy grace said...

yay so awesome! you guys are so fun! doing exercise with my mum...that...would be a challenge ;) hahha

*kc said...

Good Luck at the Quad this weekend!